University Admission Requirements
A student applying to a graduate certificate program must:
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- present unofficial transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned. The unofficial transcript should be easily readable and clearly indicate degree(s) awarded, courses and course grades for each term. If accepted, official transcripts can be emailed from the university to GraduateAdmissions@IllinoisState.edu or mailed in a sealed envelope to: Illinois State University, Graduate School, 209 Hovey Hall, Campus Box 4040, Normal, IL 61790-4040.
International students can learn more about specific application requirements by visiting the Office of Admissions.
Additional Program Admission Requirements
A student applying to this program must:
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for either the last 60 hours of your undergraduate coursework or any previous work in a Master's program.
- submit official GRE Scores if your GPA for the last 60 hours of coursework is less than 3.00
- submit official transcripts from each higher education institution attended
International students must have a TOEFL score of at least 88 iBT, 230 computer-based, or 570 paper-based; the minimum acceptable IELTS score is 7.0 band.
Admission Dates and Deadlines
|Fall||March 1 preferred; May 1 final|
|Spring||September 1 preferred; October 1 final|
Application Information for Graduate Students at Large
For Student-at-Large information, visit the Graduate Student-at-Large page.
|Dr. Yongning Tang||Old Union firstname.lastname@example.org||(309) 438-8002|