The Web Application Development major is a sequence in Information Systems.
Information Systems (IS) is at the heart of any organization. Companies rely on information to make good decisions, create new products and services, and understand their target audience. IS professionals integrate hardware and software to help organizations manage their information.
The Information Systems program at Illinois State is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET.
The internet hosts many web applications. From search engines to recommendations on what your next online purchase should be, web applications are the intelligence behind the websites we visit every day.
In this major, you learn how to code and design web applications that solve real-world issues and power engaging websites. We cover topics such as:
- Client and server-side scripting – write instructions for either a web browser or server to perform
- Web interface design – make sure websites are easy to use
- Web frameworks – create templates that make the development process faster
- Mobile application development – design software for smartphones and tablets
- Web database processing – learn how information is stored and retrieved on the internet
- Web application testing and evaluation – identify weaknesses in software and come up with solutions
Why Study Information Systems - Web Application Development?
This major teaches you state-of-the-art web development and design principles, methodologies, and technologies. You also get hands-on experiences and complete projects for real clients.
The job market offers plenty of opportunities for web and mobile application developers. In this major, you’ll be well prepared for a variety of careers.